Speaking Events: The Mother Fair This Weekend
I have a number of speaking events coming up this autumn in Brighton and Hove.
Firstly, this Saturday 14th September I’m going to be at The Mother Fair, an event for new and expectant mothers, speaking about relationships after kids.
Hosted by Hayley, founder of Bump2BumpClub, The Mother Fair is an exclusive event that focuses on the wellbeing of mothers. Hayley’s mission is to encourage self-care and acts of kindness, to share valuable and insightful information, boost self-esteem, and create a community of likeminded women.
I’ll be there looking to meet lots of local parents to spread the word about Relationship Goals 2.0. Plus I’ll be giving a talk entitled Becoming parents changes relationships – how to not just survive but thrive as a couple.
I’ll be speaking at 3pm. But I would recommend getting there earlier so that you can catch some of the other great talks and demos.
The Mother Fair Talks and Demos Schedule
- 12:30pm – Live fashion styling with Jess Wardrobes
- 1:00pm – Physical well-being during pregnancy and beyond with Physiotone Pilates
- 1:30pm – The Fourth Trimester with Shore Beginnings
- 2:00pm – Breastfeeding Tips and troubleshooting with Nuzzle Up
- 2:30pm – Baby First Aid Demo from Daisy First Aid Brighton & Hove
- 3:00pm – Relationships with Insight & Connection (THAT’S ME!)
- 3:30pm – Yoga Nidra for Mamas with Pregnancy Yoga Portslade
Plus throughout the event (12-4pm) get FREE massage and reflexology with Lunar Balance Massage Therapy.
As well as the talks and demos, The Mother Fair offers a range of products and services. These include maternity and nursing clothing pop-ups, as well as jewellery and lifestyle shopping.
Three More Relationship Goals 2.0 Speaking Events
Next up we have my main regular speaking event, Relationship Goals 2.0. And we’ve got three of these lined up this autumn, on the themes of CURIOSITY, RESPECT, and ATTENTION.
Relationship Goals 2.0 is a relaxed, fun pub night for parents and parents-to-be. I give a brief talk about relationships after kids on a different theme each time. Then I give out an activity for you to do with whoever you came with. It’s designed to help you to feel really connected, perhaps more than you have in some time. And you can take it home with you, to help you continue the conversation with your partner.
Here’s a little preview of what we’re going to be talking about at the next 3 events…
Thursday 19th September – CURIOSITY (Facebook / Eventbrite)
- staying curious about each other even when you’ve been together for years, and using that curiosity to stay connected as a couple
- harnessing the power of curiosity to improve your communication, and break those negative cycles that lead to rows or distance between you
- the attachment needs for love and security that must be met before we can make the most of all of the above
Thursday 17th October – RESPECT (Facebook / Eventbrite)
- the power of expressing your appreciation and admiration for your partner
- the 4 toxic communication styles (one, two, three, four) that ruin relationships, and what to do to make sure you don’t get sucked into each one of them
Thursday 21st November – ATTENTION (Facebook / Eventbrite)
- the 3 ways that we respond to our partners when they try to get our attention (one, two, three), and how much they matter to the health of our relationships
- how to express your needs clearly and effectively
A Special Offer!
It was wonderful to read the feedback about how relaxed, fun, and useful the people who came found the first event. But it was just the beginning! If you’re committed to making your relationship the best it can be, I have so much more to share with you, and more fun activities to help strengthen your bond.
In recognition of the power of making a commitment to make your relationship brilliant, I’m offering 3 events for the price of 2 this autumn. Just book your tickets to the first two events and I will email you a code to get your tickets for the third one absolutely free!
AND because I’m all about encouraging more open conversations about relationships after kids, I also want to offer you a recommend-a-friend discount of 20% off all tickets!
Do you know anyone you think would enjoy and benefit from coming along to a Relationship Goals 2.0 event? Please invite them along, and give them the code LETSTALK.
AND – because I really want to make these events as useful, accessible and fun as possible – you can use the code yourself too (and it doesn’t exclude you from the 3 for 2 deal, so grab a bargain!).
Insight & Connection Speaking Events
I’m a counsellor specialising in relationship issues with a special interest in the transition to parenthood. If you are interested in booking me to speak at an event or host a workshop, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. You can give me a call on 07428 396671 or use the online form.
You can also join my mailing list here.
(Photo by Harry Wells.)