“I just wanted to let you know that finding your account, reading and watching your posts and stories have been a game changer for me and my relationship. we have a 6mo and a good relationship overall, but the sex side of things had been tricky for the last 2/3 years. Having open and honest conversations and getting out of my head when it comes to the physical side has made such a big difference. And your advice has been the catalyst to this! Thank you so much.”
Sex After Kids
Back In The Sack, The Sex After Kids Workbook from Catherine Topham Sly
Sex after kids – let’s face it, it doesn’t always come easily.
Becoming a parent is tough on each of us as individuals and it’s tough on our relationships.
There’s the physical recovery from pregnancy and birth, and the discomfort in our bodies that sometimes comes with it.
There’s the sleep deprivation, the stress of learning to parent, the postnatal hormones.
Most of us feel differently about ourselves, our place in the world, and our partners, as well as the balance of freedom and responsibility in our lives.
It can feel for a while like there is less of everything to go around: less time, less talk, less sleep, less money, less freedom, less privacy.
And often there seems to be less closeness between us too: less intimacy, less touch, and less sex.
In fact it’s entirely natural for sex to drop down our list of priorities for a while.
Sex After Kids: Getting Back In The Sack
However, sometimes months or even years pass without us finding a way to reconnect physically.
And where we’re not connecting physically, we’re often not fully connecting emotionally either.
Life may have got a little easier, but most of us still feel overworked and overwhelmed at least some of the time (and especially by bedtime).
At this point, sex usually only comes back onto the agenda if we prioritise it.
The Back In The Sack Workbook
I’m Catherine Topham Sly, a communication and intimacy specialist BACP accredited counsellor.
I help couples to reconnect after kids and stay close both inside and outside the bedroom.
I’ve written this workbook to support you on your journey back to being lovers again.
It is packed full of information about:
- The typical pattern that couples fall into that gets in the way of them enjoying physical and emotional intimacy, and how to break it
- The challenge of going from coparents by day to lovers by night, and how you can overcome it
- How a mindful approach to sex can get you out of your head and back to feeling pleasure through sex
- The deeper meaning of the cycle of rejection, and how to break it
- The importance of considering what “Mum” or “Dad” means to you for reclaiming your sex life
- How to start a conversation about sex (with lots of examples!)
- How sex actually happens in long-term relationships
It also includes over 30 journal prompts to help you to work through:
- The importance of sex for you and your relationship
- Your blocks to fully and freely enjoying sex with your partner
- How you can make the switch from being a sensible, dependable parent to a free, passionate lover
- How your body, how you feel about it, and your bodily sensations might have changed, and what to do about it
- How you can better understand your partner and feel more connected
- Asking for what you want and need in order to get in the mood have great sex
Download your workbook for just £16 and get started on your journey back to being lovers again today.
“Hi Catherine I wanted to say thank you for all your recent posts about sex. It’s made me think a lot and changed my mindset and let’s just say we’ve turned at least one part of our relationship around after years of having young kids and this impacting things. I won’t go into detail, you don’t need that ha ha, but we’ve had a great week and it feels like the honeymoon stage again.”
“We’re really working on being as open as we can about how we feel regarding sex… We’re also more vocal about when we find each other attractive to help let us both know that even when one of us isn’t feeling like having sex, we still want and find them attractive!!! We’ve been working on this for about a year now and your account has helped as much in just the few weeks I’ve found it as that whole year without!!”